DMC has been caring for entire families since 1964.
We’re committed to maintaining long-term relationships with our patients, their families, and the communities where we live and work. Our 50+ primary care providers operate independently of any particular hospital or insurance company, ensuring high quality, accessible primary care for each patient. We are physician-owned and governed by a board of directors made up of twenty of our own physicians.
What does belonging to an independent practice mean for you? In addition to a more comprehensive, accessible kind of primary care, you can also go to any hospital or visit any specialist you choose.
For our practice locations and hours, please click here.
DMC Mission & Values
We help each patient achieve the best possible health through every stage of life. We do this by providing an accessible, innovative healthcare experience that is built around our patient’s needs.
Our Core Values
Innovative: working hard and looking ahead to find new solutions
Respectful: treating everyone as we want to be treated ourselves
Compassionate: acting with empathy and understanding
Inclusive: embracing the opportunity to welcome people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
Community-based: understanding the value of the communities where we live and work
Our primary care model is very comprehensive:
Affordable, high-quality primary care:
- New patients are always welcome–even for a same day visit!
- DMC patients have access to primary care specialty providers, usually for a regular office co-pay
- You pay only office visit co-pays, for call-ahead urgent care visits at one of our practice locations
- Onsite lab work is available for a fraction of the cost of hospital-based labs
- Onsite imaging at Derry Imaging Center costs approximately one-third less out of pocket than hospital imaging
Accessible primary care that fits your schedule:
- Same-day appointments available, often within two hours
- Evening appointments until 8:00 p.m. most weeknights
- Saturday appointments in Derry until 3:00 p.m.
- Request appointments online from your computer or smartphone or by calling 603-537-1300
- Calls answered LIVE 7:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. M-TH, until 5:00 p.m. Fri., and until 2:30 p.m. Saturday
The Benefits of Choosing an Independent Medical Practice
DMC Primary Care utilizes all local hospitals, as well as many facilities in Massachusetts such as Massachusetts General Hospital, Children’s Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, New England Baptist Hospital and Lahey Clinic.
- Choosing a hospital for a particular service is a decision made jointly by you and your physician. Decisions about your (and your family’s) health care are designed with your best interest in mind—not governed by any one hospital or insurance company. FAQs about hospital stays.
- Referrals to specialists and holistic services are based on our patients’ preferences and their medical needs. As an independent practice, we have the freedom to refer to any specialist agreed upon by you and your physician.
- We do not compete with hospital services for fiscal or personnel resources. Instead, we focus on maintaining state-of-the-art medical technology and services that give our patients an advantage in achieving and maintaining wellness.
Top Ten Reasons to Choose DMC Primary Care:
- Caring for your whole family allows us to develop relationships that last for generations. We don’t just treat you when you have a cold, we know who you are and care for all aspects of your family’s health. And, our comprehensive view of primary care means we help manage many aspects of your health.
- Our board-certified, caring family practice providers are experts in primary care and diagnosing and treating infants, children, adolescents, adults, and seniors.
- Same-day appointments (as quick as within two hours of calling) are available for illness or minor injuries.
- Urgent care is available for the same co-pay as a scheduled office visit.
- Extended office hours (varies by location) offered: Mon-Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Calls are answered live from 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. weekdays and 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Saturdays.
- On-call primary care providers are available 24/7 with real-time electronic access to medical information.
- Our Patient Health Portal offers online prescription refills, referral requests, and secure access to medical records.
- Convenient diagnostic imaging and lab services (Quest or LabCorp) onsite for less out of pocket than hospital imaging and lab services.
- Medically supervised weight loss, diabetes management, nutrition programs and exercise classes available at our Nutrition Programs office and gym at 14 and 14B Tsienneto Road.