DMC Primary Care is committed to providing quality primary care for the entire family. Our patients should expect a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment in all of our practices.
In return, we have certain expectations of our patients. Our Patient Code of Conduct outlines some of these expectations.
DMC Patient Code of Conduct
We expect our patients to speak and behave in a respectful manner at all times. If an issue should arise that results in a patient becoming dissatisfied, there are protocols in place to express dissatisfaction. DMC staff will listen, and whenever possible, work to resolve any problems.
Words or actions that are disrespectful, racist, discriminatory, hostile, or harassing are not acceptable and could be cause for discharge from our practice.
Examples of these include:
- Offensive comments about others’ race, accent, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or other personal traits
- Refusal to see a clinician or other staff member based on these personal traits
- Physical or verbal threats or assaults
- Sexual or vulgar words or actions
- Disrupting another patient’s care or experience
In the event of discharge from our practice, patients are notified and given 30 days to find a new healthcare provider. During that 30-day window, DMC may see the discharged patient for an acute issue only.
This Code of Conduct is in place to be sure that DMC is able to provide a good experience for every patient. Thank you for your cooperation.