Title: Health Educator, part-time
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Location: Mainly Derry, plus Londonderry & Windham, some evenings
Reports to: Director of Wellness
Job Summary: The Health Educator (HE) will work part time (8-10 hours/week) after an initial 15 hours/week, 2-3 month training period. The HE will be responsible for providing lifestyle health coaching and educational content of the Weight Sense/ (HMR) accelerated weight loss program. The HE prepares for and delivers weekly behavioral group presentations to coach patients on healthy lifestyle changes using an empirical, data driven approach, and keeps and maintains individual patient flow sheets and group summary data on all active patients. With little supervision, the HE greets, instructs and directs patient/clients, organizes class rosters, and serves as a liaison between patient/client and medical/wellness support staff.
- Completion of relevant degree and/or certifications in health related field like health education/promotion, weight loss, health coaching, nutrition
- A healthy role model with excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate healthy lifestyle practices and behavior modifications to clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Proven experience in presenting educational training in group settings
- Knowledge or experience in data management and reporting
- Self-starter, works independently but as part of a team with enthusiasm and initiative
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of health behavior modification skills related to improved nutrition, increased physical activity, managing stress, self-management of chronic conditions, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others in-person and on the phone.
- Computer proficiency in MSOffice programs including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
To Apply: Please forward a cover letter and resume to Careers@derrymedicalcenter.com with Health Educator Position in the subject line.